How to Become a Guest Author
Check out all guest authored articles here!
Note: We are not currently accepting submissions focused on the United States.
At this time, Making Queer History will be paying guest authors 50 CAD to write an article for the website. We pay using PayPal, so you must have a Paypal account.
We will also link to any social media account on the byline and all social media. We will use your name (does not have to be your legal or birth name) when citing the author. If you do not want your name or social media accounts linked, we are more than happy to accommodate.
Submit an article using the form below. Things to keep in mind:
- For your submission, please include the opening paragraph, including a brief summary of what you are writing about and some preliminary information regarding where you plan to go with the article. This must be between 100-500 words.
- All writers must be queer; we want to hire queer artists exclusively. If you are an ally, this opportunity is not for you.
- For articles focused on an individual, that individual must be deceased.
- We are not currently accepting submissions focused on the United States.
If you're chosen as a Guest Author, that’s great! Here is what to expect:
- We will need a method to communicate with you as you write your article. While we give you a lot of creative control, we do want a bit of control over the completed content, so be open to edits and critiques. We want to produce the best possible content for our audience, and we're sure you want to produce the best content to represent yourself.
- Source your article.
- Finished articles should be over 1500 words and follow the basic template of our previous articles. Remember to add a quote if you can find one.
- Include a picture for your article that is in the public domain.
- We will pay at the end of the month through Paypal.